Re: initdb createuser commands

От Mike Sofen
Тема Re: initdb createuser commands
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: Samuel Williams  Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 3:42 PM
As a community I'd think that having feedback from a new user would be valuable since as you say, sometimes when you get ingrained into the "way of doing things" that you don't see how they could be improved or different.

Samuel

I’d take a different tack.  I spent 20 years with SQL Server and easily (almost gleefully) hopped over to Postgres and especially pgplsql and PgAdmin III, from using SqlServer Management Studio (SSMS – their admin/coding app).

Sure, I had to learn the PG way of doing things, but really, it was a no-brainer.  I had to spend a few extra cycles learning the PG best practices and particular way of doing things but it was trivial…google and done.  The vast community has created massive amounts of examples for nearly everything imaginable – and some things I would never have imagined anyone would try to do – such that I don’t have to Lewis and Clark it but just dive right in and write code.

IMO, nothing major needs changing in the language or command syntax – it’s logical and easy for anyone skilled in sql.  If someone isn’t skilled in sql, the requests you’ve made won’t assist them at all.

Mike Sofen (Synthetic Genomics)

Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands
Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands