Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Дата
Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> That may well be so, but adding another one is not going to improve
> the situation even a little bit.  I don't think what you're saying
> weakens in the slightest the argument that I was making, namely, that
> if this isn't committed RSN it should be postponed to 8.6.  Do you
> disagree?

Well, the argument to my mind is about a suitable value of "RSN".
I think you were stating that we should bounce SR if it's not committed
before the final commitfest starts (ie, next week).  I think we can give
it more slack than that.  Maybe the end of the fest (where the length of
the fest is determined by the other open patches)?