Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That may well be so, but adding another one is not going to improve
>> the situation even a little bit.  I don't think what you're saying
>> weakens in the slightest the argument that I was making, namely, that
>> if this isn't committed RSN it should be postponed to 8.6.  Do you
>> disagree?
>
> Well, the argument to my mind is about a suitable value of "RSN".
> I think you were stating that we should bounce SR if it's not committed
> before the final commitfest starts (ie, next week).  I think we can give
> it more slack than that.  Maybe the end of the fest (where the length of
> the fest is determined by the other open patches)?

Absolutely agree. Stretching the freeze to accomodate SR is what we
should avoid, but bumping it before it's even started is completely
over the top and would be the complete opposite of our past errors.
Especially given that Heikki is spending significant time on it right
now...

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling