Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, the argument to my mind is about a suitable value of "RSN".
> I think you were stating that we should bounce SR if it's not committed
> before the final commitfest starts (ie, next week).  I think we can give
> it more slack than that.  Maybe the end of the fest (where the length of
> the fest is determined by the other open patches)?

Yes.  I think there's tremendous value to PG if we could get HS+SR into
8.5.  And I know that SR is what Heikki is working on exclusively.

If we find that working on SR is causing us not to have time for other
patch review, then we can revisit the decision.

--Josh Berkus