Re: Stripping raid vs. table spaces

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: Stripping raid vs. table spaces
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6/9/05, KÖPFERL Robert <robert.koepferl@sonorys.at> wrote:
> Short question:
>
> Is it enugh to have stripping on a disk array?
> Are table spaces then of less use than the actual stripping? So will just
> stripping give me more O/I-performance?

Short answer:  if you make one striping partition -- you have better
overall performance.

if you distribute tables using tablespaces -- you make tables
performance more independant from other tables.  I.e. large
load on one table has less impact on the load on the other
table.

Personally I would keep indexes on one set of drives and data
on other.  All depends on your setup.