Re: pg_restore problem with 7.3.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore problem with 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ian Burrell <ib@onsitetech.com> writes:
> ...and used tar format backup: "pg_dump -Ft -b mpmx > backup.tar".
> pg_restore -C -d template1 backup.tar
> Instead of creating the mpmx database, the command loaded everything
> into the template1 database.

I tried to replicate this, and could not: the restore went into the
expected database.  (But I did notice that pg_restore needed to be
explicitly told -Ft, which seems less than bright of it.)  Are you
sure those are the exact commands you issued?  Were you using the 7.3
versions of pg_dump and pg_restore?

> How can I return template1 to its initial state?

Drop and recreate it --- see recipe for this procedure on techdocs.
Or you could just re-initdb.