Re: pg_restore problem with 7.3.1

От Ian Burrell
Тема Re: pg_restore problem with 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

> I tried to replicate this, and could not: the restore went into the
> expected database.  (But I did notice that pg_restore needed to be
> explicitly told -Ft, which seems less than bright of it.)  Are you
> sure those are the exact commands you issued?  Were you using the 7.3
> versions of pg_dump and pg_restore?

I just recreated the problem with a slightly different command.  The
problem was caused by using a list file to skip loading some function
definitions that were causing problems.  The command that loaded
everything into template1 was:

pg_restore -C -d template1 -L mpmx.lst -Ft mpmx.tar

The list file was created without doing a
It looks like the CREATE DATABASE call isn't done unless the -C flag is
included both when the list file is created and when doing the restore.
This works correctly:

pg_restore -C -l -Ft mpmx.tar > mpmx.lst
pg_restore -C -d mpmx -L mpmx.lst -Ft mpmx.tar

It would be good if pg_restore warned if the -C flag was included on the
list file generation or the

  - Ian