Re: Postgresql Replication High Availability

От Rodrigo Hjort
Тема Re: Postgresql Replication High Availability
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We're on the same situation.

--> PGCluster

Actualy, we installed and tested PGCluster on UML (User Mode Linux)
environment and real distributed stations. There were a lot of
critical issues on it! For example, once a user tries to connect to an
unexisting database, the load balancer fails and needs to be
restarted... Another: if closed by Ctrl+C, the postmaster starts in an
infinite loop! We sent these problems to its User List, and we noted
that there are other unsolved issues and a lot of patches not
officially posted yet...

One thing that made us afraid is that the project isn't updated since
march of 2005!
http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/

Too much risky to our critical mission database, we thought!

--> ClusGres

This application should be very promisor, if it weren't "vaporware"...
http://www.linuxlabs.com/clusgres.html

--> C-JDBC / Sequoia

It looks like we're gonna stay with this solution, as I explained on a
later e-mail.

http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/
http://sequoia.continuent.org/

------

Christopher wrote:

I am currently looking into high availability solutions for Postgresql.

I am designing system that should not have a single point of failure.
I would like to at
run-time Add new hardware and add them to my (cluster ) environment
without shutting anything down.

Please advise, Thanks

#1. Is PGCluster production environment ready?
#2. CJDBC.... has anyone used this in production environment with Postgresql?
#3. Any other solutions viable for production environments?

------

Regards,

Rodrigo Hjort

Linux User #348191 (http://counter.li.org)