Re: pg_restore 12 "permission denied for schema" errors

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore 12 "permission denied for schema" errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/20/22 14:34, Ron wrote:
> On 10/20/22 10:02, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 10/20/22 06:20, Ron wrote:
>>> On 10/20/22 00:12, Tom Lane wrote:

>>> I ran "pg_dumpall --globals-only --no-role-passwords" on the source
>>> instance, and applied it to the new instance before doing the
>>> pg_restore. If I hadn't done that, pg_restore would have thrown
>>> errors on all the GRANT and ALTER TABLE ... OWNER TO statements
>>> embedded in the backup.
>>>

>> Some questions:
>>
>> 1) The backup was from a Postgres 12.x database using a version 12 or
>> higher instance of pg_backup?
>
> pg_dump and pg_restore are 12.11 from RHEL8.
>
>> 3) What if you run without --jobs?
>
> It runs without error.  Add "--jobs=2" and the errors appear.

Hmm, that is beyond me.

1) I did notice that the pg_restore errors all where; ERROR:  permission
denied for schema strans

2) They all occurred during CREATE INDEX or COPY, which would be the
part where --jobs kicks in.

To me it looks like  out of order execution where the jobs starting on
their tasks before the main task got done granting permissions. I just
have no idea how that could happen.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com