Re: High CPU usage

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: High CPU usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/20/22 12:59, ertan.kucukoglu@1nar.com.tr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL v14.5 on Linux Debian 11.5. I recently observe very
> high CPU usage on my Linux system as below
>
>      PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+
> COMMAND
> 2357756 postgres  20   0 2441032   2,3g      4 S 298,7  67,9   2114:58
> Tspjzj2Z

The USER is the system user postgres which could be running any program
not necessarily the Postgres server. In this case that would seem to be
the program Tspjzj2Z.

Try running:

top -U postgres -c

to get the full command line under COMMAND.

> I could not find any file named Tspjzj2Z on the file system. I could not
> find PID number using below SQL

I doubt this has anything to do with the Postgres server itself.

Is this machine accessible to the Internet?

There is the possibility you have had an intrusion.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com