Comparing two (largish) tables on different servers

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Comparing two (largish) tables on different servers
Дата
Re: Comparing two (largish) tables on different servers
Список pgsql-sql
This is probably a silly question.

Our runtime deployment of database servers (7.4) involves some redundant/duplicate databases. In order to compare
tables(about 5 gigs each) on different servers I unload the things (takes a while etc.), sort them with a UNIX sort and
thendo a cksum on them.

Is there any way to do this from inside postgres that anyone knows of ? I looked through the manual and the contrib
stuffand didn't see much ...

Thanks,

Greg Williamson
DBA