Re: Comparing two (largish) tables on different servers

От Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud
Тема Re: Comparing two (largish) tables on different servers
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Idea :Write a program which connects on the two databases, creates a cursor on
each to return the rows in order, then compare them as they come (row 1  from cursor 1 == row 1 from cursor 2, etc).
Fetchin batchs. If there's a

difference you can then know which row.I hope you have an index to sort on, to save you a huge disk sort.

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:41:00 -0800, Gregory S. Williamson
<gsw@globexplorer.com> wrote:

> This is probably a silly question.
>
> Our runtime deployment of database servers (7.4) involves some
> redundant/duplicate databases. In order to compare tables (about 5 gigs
> each) on different servers I unload the things (takes a while etc.),
> sort them with a UNIX sort and then do a cksum on them.
>
> Is there any way to do this from inside postgres that anyone knows of ?
> I looked through the manual and the contrib stuff and didn't see much ...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Williamson
> DBA
> GlobeXplorer LLC