Re: Host configuration

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: Host configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had a similar problem recently and in the end it seems to have been me not restarting the postmaster; changes to the
pg_hba.conffile weren't seen until then (I am sure this is documented but I managed to overlook it; Informix' sqlhosts
fileis read at connection time so changes are immediate - I was conditioned by this, I think). This was on a linux box
runningpostgres and a Windows app (pgadmin) trying to connect.

If this is not the case please forgive my banal suggestion ...

Greg Williamson
DBA GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:    Paul Harrison [mailto:pharrison@fame.com]
Sent:    Fri 8/15/2003 8:54 AM
To:    pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject:    [ADMIN] Host configuration

I am running postgress 7.2 on a solaris system and trying to connect from a
windows 2000 based laptop to a database on the solaris system using an
interactive sql program (from McKoi in fact).

I have altered the pg_hba.conf file by appending a line to said file:

TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS        MASK        AUTH_TYPE AUTH_ARGUMENT
host   all        196.45.23.27    255.255.0.0     trust

This should let all other hosts connect to any database.

The server was started with the -i option to allow TCP/IP connections.
The logging from the server indicated a connection attempt was made but the
error message was along the lines of -  "No pg_hba.conf entry for host
196.45.23.27, user fdm, database mmpoint."

A similar problem was found if an attempt was made to connect from another
UNIX system but the connection was successful when a connection was
attempeted on the local machine.

I searched for any other instance of pg_hba.conf on the UNIX box, in case it
was picking up a different one but there was just the single instance.
My connection string from my laptop was 'java -classpath
"famejdbc.jar;pgjdbc2.jar" com.datagenic.fusion.isql org.postgresql.Driver
jdbc:postgresql://mambar.fame.com/mmpoint fdm fdm2'
Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do?

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend