Обсуждение: Host configuration

Host configuration

От
"Paul Harrison"
Дата:
I am running postgress 7.2 on a solaris system and trying to connect from a
windows 2000 based laptop to a database on the solaris system using an
interactive sql program (from McKoi in fact).

I have altered the pg_hba.conf file by appending a line to said file:

TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS        MASK        AUTH_TYPE AUTH_ARGUMENT
host   all        196.45.23.27    255.255.0.0     trust

This should let all other hosts connect to any database.

The server was started with the -i option to allow TCP/IP connections.
The logging from the server indicated a connection attempt was made but the
error message was along the lines of -  "No pg_hba.conf entry for host
196.45.23.27, user fdm, database mmpoint."

A similar problem was found if an attempt was made to connect from another
UNIX system but the connection was successful when a connection was
attempeted on the local machine.

I searched for any other instance of pg_hba.conf on the UNIX box, in case it
was picking up a different one but there was just the single instance.
My connection string from my laptop was 'java -classpath
"famejdbc.jar;pgjdbc2.jar" com.datagenic.fusion.isql org.postgresql.Driver
jdbc:postgresql://mambar.fame.com/mmpoint fdm fdm2'
Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do?

Re: Host configuration

От
"Gregory S. Williamson"
Дата:
I had a similar problem recently and in the end it seems to have been me not restarting the postmaster; changes to the
pg_hba.conffile weren't seen until then (I am sure this is documented but I managed to overlook it; Informix' sqlhosts
fileis read at connection time so changes are immediate - I was conditioned by this, I think). This was on a linux box
runningpostgres and a Windows app (pgadmin) trying to connect.

If this is not the case please forgive my banal suggestion ...

Greg Williamson
DBA GlobeXplorer LLC

[...]

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Host configuration

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
In addition to making sure you do a reload to pick up the new values, make
sure that the pg_hba.conf file you are editing is in fact the one being read
by the postmaster. There have been a few situations where a symbolic link
pointing from the data directory to a conf file living somewhere else gets
lost or some other oddity in the way Postgres is set up on a machine causes
confusion.

It looks like you've made the correct entry in the pg_hba file, so I'd look
in the direction of a reason for the file not being read. (I remember a
situation where the postgresql.conf file wasn't available & we learned that
postmaster doesn't complain if it is missing- I suppose this might be the
case with pg_hba as well, but I've never tested it.)

-Nick

"Chad R. Larson"
Дата:
At 02:21 AM 8/16/2003 , Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
>I had a similar problem recently and in the end it seems to have been me
>not restarting the postmaster; changes to the pg_hba.conf file weren't
>seen until then (I am sure this is documented but I managed to overlook it;

The file was read on each connection attempt up through 7.1 (I think).  Now
it is read on the postmaster startup.  A "pg_ctl reload" will do it for you.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.