Re: [GENERAL] How to recover my postgres database ?

От Pierre Couderc
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to recover my postgres database ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/11/2017 07:07 PM, Hunley, Douglas wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:
How can I safely repair, knowing that I have the pg_dumpall of last  night, but many dbs have changed today... ?

If pg_dumpall is your only backup mechanism then you've lost all changes after the dump was taken. You'll need to restore from that backup and then get pgbackrest (or another equivalent tool) up and running to protect yourself going forward

Mmm, there is some misunderstanding. I have lost nothing.
All my DBs are ok.
I am speaking of the specific "postgres" database that you connect to with
\c postgres
What is its use ? how to restore it ?