Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?UTF-8?Q?Juan_Jos=C3=A9_Santamar=C3=ADa_Flecha?= <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> writes:
> I have come around a strange situation when using a unicode string
> that has non normalized characters. The attached script 'initcap.sql'
> can reproduce the problem.
> The attached patch can fix the issue.

If we're going to start worrying about non-normalized characters,
I suspect there are far more places than this one that we'd have
to consider buggy :-(.

As for the details of the patch, it seems overly certain that
it's working with UTF8 data.