Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-20, Tom Lane wrote:

> =?UTF-8?Q?Juan_Jos=C3=A9_Santamar=C3=ADa_Flecha?= <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> writes:
> > I have come around a strange situation when using a unicode string
> > that has non normalized characters. The attached script 'initcap.sql'
> > can reproduce the problem.

For illustration purposes:

SELECT initcap('ŞUB');
 initcap
─────────
 Şub
(1 fila)

SELECT initcap('ŞUB');
 initcap
─────────
 ŞUb
(1 fila)

> If we're going to start worrying about non-normalized characters,
> I suspect there are far more places than this one that we'd have
> to consider buggy :-(.

I would think that we have to start somewhere, rather than take the
position that we can never do anything about it.

(ref: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/53E179E1.3060404%402ndquadrant.com )