Re: [ADMIN] Missing libpq.so in postgresql v10

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Missing libpq.so in postgresql v10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

On 11/14/2017 04:37 PM, Long Nguyen wrote:
> I got the postgresql 10 packages for Ubuntu 16.04 server from
>

> |deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ xenial-pgdg main|
>

> I then installed postgresql v10 through
>
>       apt-get install postgresql-10
>

> The lib directory is /usr/lib/postgresql/10/lib. However I cannot find a libpq.so file in it. It is required by our
commvaultbackup system.

> I checked what postgresql packages were installed with 'dpkg -l |grep postgres" and it showed these
>

> ii  postgresql-10
>
> ii  postgresql-client-10
>
> ii  postgresql-client-common
>
> ii  postgresql-common
>
> ii  postgresql-server-dev-10
>

> Just wonder if I missed something here.

On Debian et al, libpq is installed as a separate package, libpq5, and
is not specific to the installed PostgreSQL version.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--  Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services