Re: WAL restoration is not happening completely

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: WAL restoration is not happening completely
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

On 11/14/2016 06:49 PM, rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In postgresql.conf file we have set the following configuration,
> wal_level=hot_standby
> archive_mode=on
> archive_command='test ! -f /archives/%f && cp %p /archives/%f'
> max_wal_senders=1
> wal_keep_segments=128
>
> and took a base backup using the command, pg_basebackup --xlog --format=t -D
> /backups/`date +%Y%m%d`
>
> This base backup and WAL files from the '/archives' dir are moved to another
> machine in which the base.rar is extracted into $PGDATA folder and WAL
> files(9 files) are copied to '/archives' folder.
>
> recovery.conf is created under the $PGDATA folder with the command
> "restore_command = 'cp /archives/%f %p'" and then the postgres db service is
> started.
>
> *The restored database has changes which were done today and missing data
> from changes did a couple of days before.*

Are you absolutely sure about this? All changes present in the archived
WAL *will* be replayed sequentially; it's not possible that an arbitrary
subset of changes will be left out.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using, and what are the exact contents
of the recovery.conf file?

For working with backups and WAL archiving I suggest you take a look
at "Barman" ( http://www.pgbarman.org/ ).

Regards

Ian Barwick

--