Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> No please do not talk about this again ... I'm looking about a PostgreSQL
> solution ... I know RAC ... and I'm not able to pay for a RAC certify
> hardware configuration plus a RAC Licence.

Are you totally certain you can't solve your problem with a single server solution?

How about:
Price out a 4 way Opteron 4u rackmount server with 64 bit linux, stuffed with hard drives (like 40) set up in a complex
raidconfiguration (multiple raid controllers) allowing you (with tablespaces) to divide up your database.

You can drop in dual core opterons at some later point for an easy upgrade.  Let's say this server costs 20k$...are you
surethis will not be enough to handle your load?

Merlin