Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???
Дата
Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Andrei Bintintan wrote:
>> If you're using this to provide "pages" of results, could you use a
>> cursor?
>
> What do you mean by that? Cursor?
>
> Yes I'm using this to provide "pages", but If I jump to the last pages
> it goes very slow.

DECLARE mycursor CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM ...
FETCH FORWARD 10 IN mycursor;
CLOSE mycursor;

Repeated FETCHes would let you step through your results. That won't
work if you have a web-app making repeated connections.

If you've got a web-application then you'll probably want to insert the
results into a cache table for later use.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering