Re: Bound column and serial datatype question

От Philippe Lang
Тема Re: Bound column and serial datatype question
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
What about using a server-side function for doing your insert? This function can simply return the id of the inserted
line,and on  the client-side, you open it? This is a very useful method for doing inserts. It allows you to do all
kindsof initializations and sanity checks server-side.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] De la part de lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Envoyé : mardi, 19. avril 2005 12:52
À : pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Objet : [ODBC] Bound column and serial datatype question

Hi,

I have a table like this:

CREATE TABLE Kunden
(
  ID serial NOT NULL,
  CustomerNr serial NOT NULL,
  Name CHAR(100),
);

Using bound columns in a form to show the customer data I don´t like to let the user updating the CustomerNr field.
Thisis because, a normal data field is not autogenerated, but these 'serial' data fields.

But I like to show the CustomerNr field in the form. Therefore, I simply made the field readonly in the form. But if I
inserta new row, the fields data (defaults to 0) would be used as the new value in the table.

How to avoid this ?

Thanks

Lothar

--