Bound column and serial datatype question

От lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Тема Bound column and serial datatype question
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I have a table like this:

CREATE TABLE Kunden
(
  ID serial NOT NULL,
  CustomerNr serial NOT NULL,
  Name CHAR(100),
);

Using bound columns in a form to show the customer data I don´t like to let the user
updating the CustomerNr field. This is because, a normal data field is not
autogenerated, but these 'serial' data fields.

But I like to show the CustomerNr field in the form. Therefore, I simply made the
field readonly in the form. But if I insert a new row, the fields data (defaults to 0)
would be used as the new value in the table.

How to avoid this ?

Thanks

Lothar

--