Re: Function to kill backend

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Function to kill backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > I still say we need this.
> >
> > Well, that seems to be the consensus, so I won't stand in the way.
> >
> > If you like the cancel-by-XID idea then I'd suggest providing two
> > functions: pg_cancel_query(XID) to send SIGINT and
> > pg_kill_session(PID) to send SIGTERM.  I'm not sure if the
> other two
> > combinations (SIGINT by PID and SIGTERM by XID) are worth providing.
>
> Agreed.  Two functions, cancel by xid (skips cancel if xid
> changes during command), and kill by pid for remote admin
> apps, is great.

This sounds good to me, too. (Though I think SIGINT by PID might be
good, I see no need for SIGTERM by XID).

But are you saying it *is* safe with SIGTERM to a backend? I always
thought it was before, but after what you said earlier in this thread, I
changed my mind... (Unfort, I'm not well enough into the deep ends of
the code to say which is right...)

//Magnus