Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr 4, 2004, at 3:41 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> I am trying to get version 7.4.2 installed on a Solaris box, but
> initdb fails because of shmmax being set too low. It does this
> even though initdb drops shared buffers as low as it can go (50).
> Is there any other way of getting around this limitation? I know

You can also check out max_connections. Each one of those gobbles up
shared memory.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything else you can really do beyond
taking down shared_buffers and max_connections.  Its annoying, but if
it makes you feel better, Informix or Oracle would have the same
problem.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/