Re: Function to kill backend

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function to kill backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> But are you saying it *is* safe with SIGTERM to a backend?

I'm saying I'm not happy about promoting that to the status of a
supported feature.  Up to now it's always been "if it breaks you
get to keep both pieces", but if there's a built-in function to do it
then people will naturally expect a certain level of reliability.

Maybe it works fine, maybe it doesn't.  But I foresee having to expend
work down the road because of this addition.