Re: dropping partitioned table waits forever

От Sriram Dandapani
Тема Re: dropping partitioned table waits forever
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the input. My drop statement is in a loop . I have added a
lock table with nowait before the drop table. At some point(over a
couple of hours, I should be able to get the lock). Not sure why I
don't. All queries that access the parent table finish within 30
minutes(and hence should free up the query plan that accesses the
unwanted child table to be dropped).

The other activity that goes on is a 24x7 insert into the parent table
which has rules that redirect data to appropriate child tables. Not sure
if this requires a shared lock on child tables that do not satisfy the
partition criteria