psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing

От Markus Bertheau
Тема psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing
Дата
Re: psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

this is from HEAD of a few days ago, it looks suspicious to me.
8.2devel runs on port 5433.

markus@katerina2:~/pgsql$ bin/psql -p 5433 template1 markus
Welcome to psql 8.2devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms     \h for help with SQL commands     \? for help with psql commands     \g or
terminatewith semicolon to execute query     \q to quit

template1=# create database test;
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \c test
could not connect to server: No such file or directory      Is the server running locally and accepting
connectionson Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
Previous connection kept

Why is it trying to use 5432? Am I missing something? Is that the
expected behaviour?

Michael Fuhr hinted that
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-02/msg00139.php
may be the cause of that.