Re: psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Markus Bertheau" <mbertheau.pg@googlemail.com> writes:
> Why is it trying to use 5432? Am I missing something? Is that the
> expected behaviour?

> Michael Fuhr hinted that
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-02/msg00139.php
> may be the cause of that.

Confirmed here: \c drops the previous port connection setting (and the
host too according to my testing).  This is clearly a bug --- at least,
there was no hint in the patch description that it would change the
behavior of previously-accepted cases, and it would have had to
withstand much more careful review if that were stated to be the case.