Re: psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: psql -p 5433; create database test; \c test failing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mar 11, 2006, at 19:13 , Markus Bertheau wrote:

> Why is it trying to use 5432? Am I missing something? Is that the
> expected behaviour?

Was your 8.2devel install built with the default port of 5432? (i.e.,
do you need to set the port to 5433 in postgresql.conf or at server
start? It looks that way, as you're specifying the port with your
psql connection.)

If so, it might be picking it up from there. It should probably try
to connect to the same port as it's running, but it might not be
looking in the right place for that. I'm not familiar with the code,
but it doesn't look like it specifies the port if a port is not
given, and I believe if no port is given, it'd just be like using
psql to connect to the database that's not running on it's default port.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com