Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От David Steele
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-admin
On 3/6/18 2:00 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Rui DeSousa (rui.desousa@icloud.com) wrote:
>>> On Mar 5, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>>> It doesn’t- but please don't encourage partial solutions which have ver clear issues.
>>
>> Then problem is there are no good base utilities that is useful with archive_command; unless you’re writing directly
toan NFS mount or a tape library.  Even Barman recommends rsync with the archive_command; if you are unable to use
pg_receivexlogsolution.  There are countless Postgres documentation out there that recommends use of rsync with the
archive_command.

>> Here a solution that will fsync() file on the other end.
>
> I'd encourage you to consider submitting this to a commitfest to get
> feedback on it, as a proper patch to add such a utlity to PG and which
> we could use in our documentation instead of saying "cp", which is
> pretty terrible.

+1.  I believe there's been talk of a pgcopy utility before but it never
went anywhere.  I think it would be worth it just to have a decent
example in the docs.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network