Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От Johannes Truschnigg
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 02:31:55PM -0500, David Steele wrote:
> On 3/6/18 2:00 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > I'd encourage you to consider submitting this to a commitfest to get
> > feedback on it, as a proper patch to add such a utlity to PG and which
> > we could use in our documentation instead of saying "cp", which is
> > pretty terrible.
>
> +1.  I believe there's been talk of a pgcopy utility before but it never
> went anywhere.  I think it would be worth it just to have a decent
> example in the docs.

I wrote a (rather trivial, but it has proven useful) utility for a
minimalistic "archive_command" a while ago - it is available at
https://johannes.truschnigg.info/code/pg_archive_wal_segment-2.0.0/
because I was unhappy with the suboptimal approach that the shell one-liner
cited in the docs took.

I'm not sure if it will survive a thousand eyeballs' close look, but it has
served us well for more than three years now with anywhere between 10000 and
80000 WAL segments archived each day (to a destination filesystem that is then
exported as an NFS share).

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

Вложения