Re: Install Postgre while installing Other software.

От Iñigo Barandiaran
Тема Re: Install Postgre while installing Other software.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

I've found this page about silent install that was very usefull for me: http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

Now, I've found another problem. I'm able to install PostgreSQL with my software in silent mode, but the problem comes when I do un-install. The problem is related with service account.
I'm currently using the followin settings for install:

msiexec /i postgresql-8.3-int.msi  /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOINITDB=1 CREATESERVICEUSER=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin BASEDIR="c:\postgres" SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%" SERVICEPASSWORD="AnyPassWord" SUPERPASSWORD="AnyPassWord2

If I do un-install the service account is not removed, so next time I try to install the software again the service account name (posgres) exists so It can not be created again, so the installation progress stops, rolling back.
Do you know how can I remove posgres service account while un-installing? or maybe Do you know how to chek if the postgres user exist while installing, so therefore the installation process could create or login with that user?

Thank in advance!