Re: Install Postgre while installing Other software.

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Install Postgre while installing Other software.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Iñigo Barandiaran wrote:
> If I do un-install the service account is not removed, so next time I
> try to install the software again the service account name (posgres)
> exists so It can not be created again, so the installation progress
> stops, rolling back.
> Do you know how can I remove posgres service account while
> un-installing? or maybe Do you know how to chek if the postgres user
> exist while installing, so therefore the installation process could
> create or login with that user?

    NET USER POSTGRES /DELETE

or some sort of WSH WMI magic....

the problem with reusing an existing service account, you don't know its
password

silly question, what will your installer do if there is a preexisting
Postgres install on the target system?