Re: [HACKERS] Patch: add --if-exists to pg_recvlogical

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch: add --if-exists to pg_recvlogical
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Patch: add --if-exists to pg_recvlogical  (Rosser Schwarz <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/26/17 15:40, Rosser Schwarz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com
> <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Rosser Schwarz
>     <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com <mailto:rosser.schwarz@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > While doing some scripting around pg_recvlogical at $work, I found a need
>     > for $subject. Attached, find a patch to that effect...
>
>     Please add this to commitfest.postgresql.org
>     <http://commitfest.postgresql.org>
>

> Done, thanks!

     <varlistentry>
+      <listitem>
+       <para>
+        Do not error out when <option>--drop-slot</option> or
<option>--start<option> are
+        specified and a slot with the specified name does not exist.
+       </para>
+      </listitem>
+     </varlistentry>

I understand the --drop-slot part.  But I don't understand what it means
to ignore a missing replication slot when running --start.

The same option should be added to pg_receivewal as well.