Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use

От Jeremy Palmer
Тема Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
Дата
Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the tips. I would move to LINUX if it was an option :(

I will bring the numbers down and do some benchmarking and tests to find out what I can get away with on this system.

Thanks again,
Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Jeremy Palmer
Cc: Tom Lane; Magnus Hagander; pgsql-general@postgresql.org; Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use

I would be WAY cheaper in time and effort, to just build a simple 64
bit linux box, toss 16 or 32 Gigs in it, and put your reporting db on
there.  Trying to do "big memory" things in windows is, at least for
now, a net loss.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz> wrote:
> Yeah that's what stated here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189334.aspx
>
> But only if I add /3gb switch to the kernel boot parameters

anddestroy the original message.
> LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.
>
> Thank you.

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info@linz.govt.nz) and
destroythe original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.

Сообщение: Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
Сообщение: Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use