Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz> wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I would move to LINUX if it was an option :(

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.  Plus
once you've got a working, performant machine, the boss might turn a
blind eye.

> I will bring the numbers down and do some benchmarking and tests to find out what I can get away with on this system.

Best of luck.   You may find you still get pretty good performance
with the lower settings.