Re: Optimizing a VIEW

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Optimizing a VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Rodrigo E. De León Plicet <rdeleonp@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
>  The 'cust_id' references the customer that the given data belongs to. The
> reason for this "data bucket" (does this structure have a proper name?) is
> that the data I need to store on a give customer is quite variable and
> outside of my control. As it is, there is about 400 different variable/value
> pairs I need to store per customer.

For you very specific case, I recommend you check out contrib/hstore:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hstore.html

Awesome!!!! Any comments on the performance of hstore?

Best regards,
--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

От: "Rodrigo E. De León Plicet"
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing a VIEW
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server