Re: Optimizing a VIEW

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Optimizing a VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 16, 2008, at 9:19 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> For you very specific case, I recommend you check out contrib/hstore:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hstore.html
>

> Awesome!!!! Any comments on the performance of hstore?

I've looked at it but haven't actually used it. One thing I wish it
did was to keep a catalog somewhere of the "names" that it's seen so
that it wasn't storing them as in-line text. If you have even
moderate-length names and are storing small values you quickly end up
wasting a ton of space.

BTW, now that you can build arrays of composite types, that might be
an easy way to deal with this stuff. Create a composite type of
(name_id, value) and store that in an array.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Вложения