Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
> How ever if I turn it around, and on the mac issue
> the command
>      ssh -L 6666:linuxbox:5432 -l jerry linuxbox
> Then I am not able to connect to the linux box
> via psql or any Gui front ends.

[ tries it ... ]  Worksforme, using the stock ssh in OS X 10.4.6.

Maybe you've got the OS X firewall configured to prevent connections to
port 6666?  That doesn't seem to be default, because I didn't have to
adjust the firewall for my experiment.

Another possibility is that the ssh daemon on the linux box is
restricted from opening local connections.  It wouldn't surprise
me if this is disabled by default by SELinux for instance :-(