Mac Problem with Tunneling...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Mac Problem with Tunneling...
Дата
Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
On my linux box I can issue the command

     ssh -L 5555:macjerry:5432 -l jerry macjerry

This will create a "tunnel" to connect to my
mac named "macjerrry".

I can connect to databases on macjerry via psql
by specifying port 5555 on my linux box and other postgresql
front ends.

How ever if I turn it around, and on the mac issue
the command

     ssh -L 6666:linuxbox:5432 -l jerry linuxbox

Then I am not able to connect to the linux box
via psql or any Gui front ends.

I get an error:

[jerry@localhost ~]$ channel 3: open failed: administratively
prohibited: open failed
channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

No errors appear in the server log on the linux box.

I am new to ssh, have I overlooked something?

Jerry