Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 13, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
>> How ever if I turn it around, and on the mac issue
>> the command
>>      ssh -L 6666:linuxbox:5432 -l jerry linuxbox
>> Then I am not able to connect to the linux box
>> via psql or any Gui front ends.
>
> [ tries it ... ]  Worksforme, using the stock ssh in OS X 10.4.6.
>
> Maybe you've got the OS X firewall configured to prevent
> connections to
> port 6666?  That doesn't seem to be default, because I didn't have to
> adjust the firewall for my experiment.
>
> Another possibility is that the ssh daemon on the linux box is
> restricted from opening local connections.  It wouldn't surprise
> me if this is disabled by default by SELinux for instance :-(
>
>             regards, tom lane

I am still puzzled. I don't think it is a postgresql problem since I
can't forward to other daemons running on the linux box.

I have noticed a error in the message file on the linux box that
is generated when ever I try to connect from the mac.

**********
debug1: Connection to port 2224 forwarding to linuxbox port 2224
requested.
debug2: fd 9 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: fd 9 is O_NONBLOCK
debug2: fd 9 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 3: new [direct-tcpip]
channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
debug1: channel 3: free: direct-tcpip: listening port 2224 for
linuxbox port 2224, connect from ::1 port 50663, nchannels 4
debug3: channel 3: status: The following connections are open:
   #2 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/0 fd 6/7)
   #3 direct-tcpip: listening port 2224 for linuxbox port 2224,
connect from ::1 port 50663 (t3 r-1 i0/0 o0/0 fd 9/9)

debug3: channel 3: close_fds r 9 w 9 e -1
May 13 19:22:05 localhost sshd[5844]: error: connect_to linuxbox:
unknown host (Name or service not known)
It appears that I have to somehow tell the linux box about the Mac....

This does not appear to be necessary when talking to the mac from the
linux box.

Sigh,

Jerry

Сообщение: Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...
Сообщение: Re: Mac Problem with Tunneling...