Re: postgres crash when select a record

От mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com
Тема Re: postgres crash when select a record
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello Pavel,

Thanks for the info, this is very great help.

Regard

Louis

----- Original Message ----
From: Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
To: mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com
Cc: Postgres <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:43:36 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] postgres crash when select a record

Hello

2008/5/14  <mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I deleted that record, and now my backup is working fine! Thanks
>
> But why this problem came out? Is there anyway to trace it down and how it
> happen? Or is it a bug of postgres?

I can't to eliminate PostgreSQL bug, but sometimes this problem
signalize hw problems. You can search in archive similar cases.
Postgres crashes, because stored row are in broken format. There are
some projects that would solve it better -
http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html

Regards
Pavel Stehule