Обсуждение: postgres crash when select a record

postgres crash when select a record

От
mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com
Дата:
Hello,

I wish some could help me on this.

I got a table which has 100500 records, when I try to query this particular record

select * from cs_sr_mthly_rtn where mthly_rtn_id = 61609;
Postgres crash, and show this errors:

 before or while processing the request.

And in the serverlog, it shows:

LOG:  server process (PID 395) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-05-14 12:52:15 BST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/48DEC034
LOG:  redo record is at 0/48DEC034; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/705241; next OID: 49152
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/48DEC07C
LOG:  unexpected pageaddr 0/433AC000 in log file 0, segment 74, offset 3850240
LOG:  redo done at 0/4A3ABFC0
LOG:  database system is ready

Because of this, I'm not able to do pg_dump backup anymore.

Anyone can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks
louis

Re: postgres crash when select a record

От
Glyn Astill
Looks loke you tried to run your query whilst postgres was recovering from an improper shutdown, try once again when the last thing in the log is

[...]

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

Re: postgres crash when select a record

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello

Delete this broken row

Regards
Pavel Stehule

2008/5/14  <mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I wish some could help me on this.
>
> I got a table which has 100500 records, when I try to query this particular
> record
>
> select * from cs_sr_mthly_rtn where mthly_rtn_id = 61609;
> Postgres crash, and show this errors:

>  This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>  before or while processing the request.
>
> And in the serverlog, it shows:
>
> LOG:  server process (PID 395) was terminated by signal 11
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode
> LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
> LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-05-14 12:52:15 BST
> LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/48DEC034
> LOG:  redo record is at 0/48DEC034; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
> LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/705241; next OID: 49152
> LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress
> LOG:  redo starts at 0/48DEC07C
> LOG:  unexpected pageaddr 0/433AC000 in log file 0, segment 74, offset
> 3850240
> LOG:  redo done at 0/4A3ABFC0
> LOG:  database system is ready
>
> Because of this, I'm not able to do pg_dump backup anymore.
>
> Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
>

> Thanks
> louis

Re: postgres crash when select a record

От
mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com

No, I didn't run the query when the DB is in recovering.

I did that after database system is ready

[...]

Дата:
In addition to what Pavel said, perhaps this will help

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-03/msg00448.php

[...]

Дата:
Hello,

Yes, I deleted that record, and now my backup is working fine! Thanks

But why this problem came out? Is there anyway to trace it down and how it happen? Or is it a bug of postgres?

Regards
Louis

> I got a table which has 100500 records, when I try to query this particular
> record
>
> select * from cs_sr_mthly_rtn where mthly_rtn_id = 61609;
> Postgres crash, and show this errors:

>  This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>  before or while processing the request.
>
> And in the serverlog, it shows:
>
> LOG:  server process (PID 395) was terminated by signal 11
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode
> LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
> LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-05-14 12:52:15 BST
> LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/48DEC034
> LOG:  redo record is at 0/48DEC034; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
> LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/705241; next OID: 49152
> LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress
> LOG:  redo starts at 0/48DEC07C
> LOG:  unexpected pageaddr 0/433AC000 in log file 0, segment 74, offset
> 3850240
> LOG:  redo done at 0/4A3ABFC0
> LOG:  database system is ready
>
> Because of this, I'm not able to do pg_dump backup anymore.
>
> Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
>

> Thanks
> louis

Re: postgres crash when select a record

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello

2008/5/14  <mailtolouis2020-postgres@yahoo.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I deleted that record, and now my backup is working fine! Thanks
>
> But why this problem came out? Is there anyway to trace it down and how it
> happen? Or is it a bug of postgres?

I can't to eliminate PostgreSQL bug, but sometimes this problem
signalize hw problems. You can search in archive similar cases.
Postgres crashes, because stored row are in broken format. There are
some projects that would solve it better -
http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html

Regards
Pavel Stehule

> Regards
> Louis

Hello Pavel,

Thanks for the info, this is very great help.

Regard

Louis

> Yes, I deleted that record, and now my backup is working fine! Thanks
>
> But why this problem came out? Is there anyway to trace it down and how it
> happen? Or is it a bug of postgres?

I can't to eliminate PostgreSQL bug, but sometimes this problem
signalize hw problems. You can search in archive similar cases.
Postgres crashes, because stored row are in broken format. There are
some projects that would solve it better -
http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html

Regards
Pavel Stehule

> Regards
> Louis

"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
Definitely run some tests on the hardware, like memtest86, and some
drive tests for bad blocks.