Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues

От Yogi Barot
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I was able to manage upgrade testing with cluster which does not have plsh for now.

But I have another problem. All my data TB is in the tablespace in PGData directory, I did the upgrade using link
method,now I got this warning.

Upgrade Complete
----------------
Optimizer statistics are not transferred by pg_upgrade so,
once you start the new server, consider running:
    analyze_new_cluster.sh

Could not create a script to delete the old cluster's data
files because user-defined tablespaces exist in the old cluster
directory.  The old cluster's contents must be deleted manually.

1) Does This means , I can't delete old cluster data directory? Or I can delete it manually?
2) Deleting old data directory will effect any functionality of postgresql new cluster?
3) Also Need some clarification on link mode, what if I upgrade from 9.5. to future release using pg_upgarde link mode
willstill work on same data directory?

Thanks,
Yogi