Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 08:32:18PM +0000, Yogi Barot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to manage upgrade testing with cluster which does not have plsh for now.
>
> But I have another problem. All my data TB is in the tablespace in PGData directory, I did the upgrade using link
method,now I got this warning.

> Upgrade Complete
> ----------------
> Optimizer statistics are not transferred by pg_upgrade so,
> once you start the new server, consider running:
>     analyze_new_cluster.sh
>
> Could not create a script to delete the old cluster's data
> files because user-defined tablespaces exist in the old cluster
> directory.  The old cluster's contents must be deleted manually.
>
> 1) Does This means , I can't delete old cluster data directory? Or I can delete it manually?

If you delete the old data directory, you will delete the old _and_
_new_ cluster tablespaces.

> 2) Deleting old data directory will effect any functionality of postgresql new cluster?

Yep, you can bet on that.  :-)

> 3) Also Need some clarification on link mode, what if I upgrade from 9.5. to future release using pg_upgarde link
modewill still work on same data directory?

Yes, but I suggest you shut down your server and move those tablespaces
out of the data directory, update the pg_tblspc symlinks, and then
restart the server.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues
От: Yogi Barot
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 9.4 pg_upgrade issues