Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josef Wolf <jw@raven.inka.de> writes:
>> pg_ctl -Ddb -o "-h '' -k `pwd`/db" -l postgreslog start

> This works, but when I add the -w option, it waits all the 60 seconds.

I don't believe pg_ctl is smart enough to dredge the -k option out of -o
and figure out that it has to look there for the socket.

In general I'd advise against using -k, as that will break nearly all
clients not only pg_ctl.  If you need to put the socket in a nonstandard
place, it's most convenient to wire the knowledge into libpq by changing
DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR at build time.  AFAIR that requires manually
editing pg_config_manual.h.