Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?

От Josef Wolf
Тема Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?
Дата
Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 04:47:25PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 06:34:21AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 September 2009 4:28:22 am Josef Wolf wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > > Any hints how to use pg_ctl to start/stop postgresql on a unix domain
> > > socket?
> > 1) In postgresql.conf make listen_addresses empty per instructions:
> I could get it running with putting listen_addresses='' in postgresql.conf
> and then running

BTW: it works fine without the listen_address='' setting in postgresql.conf

>     pg_ctl -Ddb -o "-h '' -k `pwd`/db" -l postgreslog start

This works, but when I add the -w option, it waits all the 60 seconds. So
for some reason, pg_ctl does not notice that postgres is ready to accept
connections. This problem seems to happen only when starting. Stopping works
immediately.

Any ideas?