Re: data migration using EXTENSION tds_fdw

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: data migration using EXTENSION tds_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/15/24 1:17 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> I don't use tds_fdw, so the best I can do is point you at information
>
> Hopefully someone with practical experience will chime in with more
> specific information.
>
> The information I could find is:
>
> https://www.freetds.org/userguide/configs.html#Localization

One other UTF8 "gotcha" in Postgres that may or may not be relevant
here: UTF8 considers the value 0 (as in a 0 byte; not the glyph "0") to
be a legit character, but for various reasons Postgres can't actually
support that, so trying to insert into a text/varchar/char field in PG
will give you an error (not sure what exact error you'd get though).
--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Austin TX