Re: triggers

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
kailash.vyas@gmail.com (Kailash Vyas) writes:
> hi
> I have a query regarding triggers.
> On INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE I want to fire a trigger to relect it to another database on postgres sever.
> how can I do this operation.
> Thanks in advance,
> Kailash Vyas

If you wish the trigger to result in some action taking place on
another database, then there are two major methodologies available:

 1.  The trigger could RAISE an event.

     A LISTENing daemon would see that event, and do something in the
     other database.

 2.  The trigger could write data into a replicated table.

     The replication system (possibly Slony-I?) would then copy
     the replicable data to the other database.

--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html